Getlabs enables healthcare organizations to make informed medical decisions remotely by sending nearby medical professionals to patients.
As the nationwide leader for delivering healthcare anywhere, we partner with innovative healthcare organizations to collect diagnostic tests including labs, vitals, biometrics. And our service is open to all via our direct to consumer service for lab appointments. Simply pick a time and place and a Getlabs specialist comes to draw your lab tests.
Our team has raised $23MM from top investors like Emerson Collective, Minderoo Foundation, Byers Capital, Labcorp, Healthworx, Tusk Ventures, Anne Wojcicki (CEO, 23andMe) and Susan Wojcicki (CEO, YouTube). Getlabs’ mission is to save lives by delivering outstanding healthcare to everyone.
Learn more about Getlabs in TechCrunch and how we unlock Telehealth 2.0.
About the Role:
As the first Engineering Manager at Getlabs, you will have the opportunity to grow as both a software engineer and an engineering leader. In this role, you'll join Getlabs’ growing engineering organization to lead mission critical projects from end to end, contribute to product strategy and lead a squad or two of engineers.
What you'll do:
- Manage and mentor one or more engineering squads
- Provide technical leadership and growth opportunities for our engineers
- Work closely with our VP of Engineering and Director of Engineering to develop a strong engineering culture and ensure delivery against our product roadmap
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product, and business stakeholders in order to find the best solutions for our team, partners and our patients
- Proactively ensure that teams are executing efficiently by finding and removing technical barriers and dependencies before they are on the critical path
- Contribute to organizational design and planning including the allocation of engineering resources across product areas and initiatives
- Recruit, interview, hire and onboard new engineers
A bit about you:
- You have 2+ years experience managing at least one engineering squad
- You have experience and a passion for mentoring and developing the careers of software engineers
- You have experience building strong partnerships with product managers, designers and business stakeholders
- You have hands-on experience architecting and building performant, reliable web applications and systems
- You still love to code or at the bare minimum love reviewing code!
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- You possess a solid mix of initiative, imagination, work ethic and agility
- You have experience with people management responsibilities including hiring, retaining, and growing highly effective engineers, as well as providing feedback and performance management
We have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance options
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of talented, ambitious and fun-to-work-with colleagues!
**At this time we are not able to provide sponsorship for this role.**
Getlabs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected classes.